The Workouts That Help You See Weight-Loss Results Faster
Go High Intensity
Intervals aren't just for cardio workouts. Try varying your intensity during your next circuit workout; you'll get the same afterburning and belly-blasting benefits while burning many more calories in a shorter amount of time. Try high-intensity interval training (HIIT), which alternates working out at your max with recovery periods, to see results fast.
These HIIT workouts will work your muscles while blasting fat.
- A full-body Tabata workout
- A 12-minute HIIT workout you can do at home
- A 10-minute home HIIT workout from Julianne Hough's trainer
- A printable 7-minute HIIT poster
- A 20-minute Tabata workout
- A 10-minute Tabata video workout
Exercise in the Morning
Studies have shown that those who get their workout over and done with in the morning tend to burn more calories during their workouts. It could be that you have more energy in the morning or that morning exercisers tend to stick with their workouts more, but in any case, morning workouts often are best for a hectic schedule. If you find it hard saying no to dinner plans when it's time for a workout, waking up earlier in the morning to fit in exercise may be just what you need to see weight-loss results.
Choose something you can do easily and without a lot of planning; these at-home workout ideas are easy to incorporate into your morning routine.
- A no-equipment workout you can do in your living room
- A 10-minute total-body no-equipment workout
- A 5-minute morning workout
- A barre workout that won't disturb your neighbors
- A 10-minute long, lean legs video workout
Find a Workout You Love
Consistency is the key to weight loss, so when it comes to what is going to help you lower the number on the scale, the workout that works is the one you keep doing. Find a workout that doesn't feel like one, like a dance class, a weekly hiking date with your best friend, or a brisk walk after dinner, so that you can — and want — to continue to do it.
Workouts You'll Love
Hate logging time on the treadmill? These workouts are so fun, you won't even realize you're burning major calories.
- A 10-minute full-body Zumba video workout
- A 10-minute PlyoJam workout video
- 10-minute Buti dance and yoga hybrid workout
- A hilly 400-calorie walking workout
- A 10-minute cardio kickboxing video workout
- Dance like Beyoncé with this 10-minute Vixen workout
- A 10-minute Bollywood dance routine