by Ulli Stachl
YIELD: 4 SERVINGS | CALORIES: 291 | THEME: NEW | RATING: THIS RECIPE HAS NOT BEEN RATED
Reminiscent of a Tuscan bread soup, this version is made with sprouted grain bread, which lends a nutty flavor and rich texture to a stock and yogurt soup base. It's a satisfying soup that pairs well with salad, a sandwich, or as a main dish by itself.
- 4 slices sprouted bread, cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 3 tbsp butter or grapeseed oil
- 1 small diced onion
- 1 1/2 cups diced mushrooms
- 1 cup diced celery
- 1 tsp salt
- Freshly ground pepper
- 2 tsp chopped fresh rosemary
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 5 cups vegetable or chicken stock
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 egg yolk
- 1/4 cup finely chopped parsley
1. In a large pot or Dutch oven, warm the oil and brown the bread for 4-5 minutes, until it starts getting golden spots.
2. Add the onions, mushrooms, celery, salt, and pepper and keep sauteeing for 4-5 minutes until the veggies start to soften.
3. Add the broth, bring almost to a boil, then lower the heat, and simmer for about 20 minutes.
4. In a small bowl, mix the egg yolk with the yogurt and then whisk into the soup. Stir in the parsley and serve.
Source : www.doctoroz.com