This easy make-ahead salad combines garlicky lemon dressing with fresh broccoli, tangy pimiento-stuffed and mild green onions for a dish that's packed with delicious zingy flavor!
- 2 bunches broccoli, trimmed (or 8 cups broccoli florets)
- 2 cups chopped pimiento-stuffed green olives
- 1 bunch green onions or scallions, chopped
LEMON GARLIC DRESSING
- 1 cup of mayonnaise
- 4 cloves of garlic, pressed
- Juice of 1/2 lemon, about 1 tsp.
- 1 tsp. freshly ground pepper, plus more as needed
- 1/2 tsp. sugar
- Sea salt
Salad: Coarsely chop broccoli into florets; place in a large bowl. In a food processor, combine olives and green onions; pulse together until finely chopped. Fold olive mixture into broccoli.
Dressing: In a separate bowl, mix together mayonnaise, garlic, lemon juice, pepper and sugar. Combine broccoli and lemon-garlic dressing and mix together well; season with salt. Cover; refrigerate at least2 hours or overnight before serving.
Makes about 8 cups.