Lose Weight by Walking
Walking is one of the safest and easiest forms of exercise. Though it takes time and commitment, you can lose weight by walking. You can easily lose one pound per week or more, depending on the following factors:
- Duration of your walk
- Intensity of your walk
- How often you walk
In other words, you can be 20 pounds lighter in 5 months, without following costly fast weight loss plans or going to a gym.
Besides shedding pounds and inches from your body, walking tones your muscles and improves your health too.
SEE ALSO : 8 PRO TIPS TO HELP YOU SHAPE UP FOR SUMMER
How to Lose Weight by Walking:
Your body weight and walking pace determine the number of calories that can be burned by walking. On average, walking at a pace of 4 miles per hour can burn around 400 calories.
Walking 4 miles a day is not a compulsion. You can commit to walk 200 extra miles to burn 200 more calories. You can, by all means, walk a shorter distance and combine it with your daily schedule.
Using Pedometer and Wrist Band:
You can use the pedometer device while walking and doing your schedule, to burn extra calories. Pedometer and wrist band are good to use if you’re trying to lose weight by walking.
In fact using a good quality pedometer or wrist band to track your activities can boost the chances of success for your efforts. Both these devices count the number of steps you take throughout your day or during your workout.
The number of miles you’re currently covering helps you find out the number of extra miles you need to walk to lose more pounds. You get the number of miles you cover each day through the number of steps you take each day. A pedometer gives you the total number of steps you take each day, which helps you calculate the number of steps you need to increase each day to shed off extra calories.
How Many Steps You Should Take to Lose Weight:
If you’re an average person, you need to take about 2000 steps to walk an average mile. Walking one mile burns about 100 calories. This is where the pedometer comes in.
It helps you keep track of the following:
- The number of steps you take each day
- The number of miles you reach each day
- The number of calories you burn each day
If you don’t have time to exercise, you can simply add steps to your daily routine.
- 1 Mile = 2,000 steps and 100 calories burned
- 1 Pound – 3,500 calories
- 1 Pound weight loss per week = 500 calorie deficit per day
- You need to add 10,000 steps to your day, to lose 1 pound per week.
You don’t have to start from 10000 steps. You can start gradually.
Here are some practical suggestions:
- Walk the children to school.
- Park your car away from your destination and walk the extra distance.
- Get off the bus early and walk the rest of the way home or to work.
- Walk to the station.
- Take the stairs instead of the lift.
SEE ALSO : WALKING LUNGE EXPERT LEVEL
Keep it interesting by applying the following suggestions:
- Instead of walking the same old track each and every day, switch things around.
- Explore different neighborhoods and parks.
- Bring music along to enjoy.
- Use a treadmill during the winter season. Place it in front of a window or a television to enjoy your walk.
- Invite a family member or friend along.
- Switch your routine as much as you can.
- Walk for exercise with your chin up, focusing your eyes about 10 feet forward, keeping a long stride, pulling in your abdomen towards your spine and squeezing your gluts.
- Before beginning your walking routine consult with your primary physician to ensure you are healthy to participate in the activity.
- Begin walking three days per week for 15 to 20 minutes. Gradually increase the frequency until you are walking 30 to 60 minutes per day almost every day of the week.
SEE ALSO : LOSE WEIGHT WALKING
There’s always a better and safe way to lose weight and still achieve magical results. That’s what LoseWeightVeryFast is all about. LoseWeightVeryFast is an information board sharing useful insight about safe ways to losing weight and losing it real fast! Our products are from Totally Products Inc, a leader in weight loss products, certified and licensed by relevant authorities within the US. We guarantee safety of our products as they are tested and certified as safe for usage in weight loss.