Those who go to the gym habitually follow a routine training program which strengthens their body through lifting weights using the gym's machines as well as attending toning classes. If you are one of them, surely at some point you have wondered how often you should increase weight lifting to keep toning your body and be stronger and healthier. Let’s reveal how often you should increase weights so can you make the most of your workout routine.
1. The first thing you want to know how often you should increase weight lifting is that higher intensities are proper only after you have been working with the same weight machines for some time. You should know that if you take a break of 1 or 2 weeks and do not go to the gym you should return to the initial weight and tone your muscles again before increasing it.
2. Fitness exercises at the gym consist of 3 or 4 sets of 10 to 15 repetitions each, depending on the instructions provided by your personal trainer. To know when to increase weight lifting you must pay great attention to the fatigue you feel when performing these series. If it is increasingly easier for you to lift the weight and the muscles only hurt in the last series then it is time to introduce weight changes.
3. The appropriate weight for us is that which allows us to do 10 or 15 repetitions easily and quickly, feeling muscle exhaustion only during the final round of the series. It is at this point when you can change the weights and further tone your muscle tissues and achieve a slimmer and more defined body.
4. If you are looking to keep your figure and not increase your muscle mass, then it is ideal to not increase the weight of the gym machines. It is best to follow your weekly workout plan without changing it or adding weight or workout intensity, like so your figure will be sustained in the same condition.
5. Working with extra weight on gym machines is the most frequent mistake people make, particularly men as they tend to start with a weight that is beyond their capacity. It is ideal to go adding weight steadily and following the instructions we have just given you. The best idea for a muscular and tones body is consistency of weekly workouts.